I am a retired grandfather and a graduate Mechanical Engineer, graduated in 1968 from one of the Government of India’s Regional Engineering Colleges – REC (now called NIT or the National Institute of Technology). I have an MBA from The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade – IIFT, New Delhi, an IIM equivalent institution.
I am now retired after having worked in the Middle East for nearly 40 years in Hi Tech industries. After retirement, sitting idle doing nothing is one of the most boring phase of ones life. So to keep myself active, I have taken up blogging as hobby and passion. Links to my websites are given below on this page. I am also active on Quora having written many answers. This is the link to my Quora profile
Most of my work was in water purification and waste water recycling industry. Have vast experience with water desalination (making sea water fit for drinking) with large RO plants, large Waste Water Recycling Plants and Chemical Water Treatment.
Retired as the General Manager of one of the leading water treatment Companies in Dubai and was responsible for execution of projects involving some of the largest Sea Water Reverse Osmosis Desalination plants in the Middle East. The Company also built large Sewage Treatment Plants and made use of latest technologies in this field, like Membrane Bio-Reactors or MBR, Vacuum Sewage Collection Systems (the world’s largest), etc. I am proud to say that I had a very big part to play in the growth of this company, to become one of biggest and the leading innovative Company, in the water purification industry sector of the Middle East.
I love my daily breakfast of idli dosa Sambar and Chutney. The Urad dal in idli dosa is very healthy and also good for the brain as explained on the page about Urad Dal. My love for idli dosa breakfast, made me to always look for better ways to make the idly dosa batter. So in the 40+ years I have been working, I have used countless mixer grinders starting with the early German Braun and Moulinex Mixers, and then the very first model of our own Indian Sumeet Mixie. Getting service for these mixies abroad in those days was impossible, so used to do my own repairs whenever my mixer grinders had problems. This has made me an expert on Mixer Grinders which I know inside out. In short, I do know what to look for when buying a Mixer Grinder and how to decide on what is the best mixer grinder in India.
I used to love the days when we were served idli in our Engineering College Mess or Canteen. Even then I used to take special interest in how the idli maavu was made. Also I may have been part of the team that invented the first electric wet grinder. See the page here ‘History of the Electric Wet Grinders’
How I started authoring Websites:
About 11 years ago I had a massive heart attack and was lucky to survive after having an open heart surgery. I was bed ridden for almost 4 months and was so bored doing nothing that I started using the internet in earnest, and was so fascinated with it, that I wanted to make my own web sites. This led me to learning web design and finally writing and making my own web sites. Some of the sites made by me are
- www.AchaHome.com : How to select the best home appliances.
- www.AchaTV.com : A buying guide for TV in India.
- www.AchaWater.com : About Drinking Water and Water Purifiers
- www.bestDTH.com : About Satellite DTH TV in India
- www.CarAaj.com : How to select Cars in India
- www.iMixie.com : Tips on Kitchen Mixie Mixer Grinder
- www.IndiaEnjoy.com : Why India is best Tourist Destination
- www.KeralaEnjoy.com : Discover Kerala, “Paradise on Earth” says National Geographic Magazine
- www.OkKerala.com : How to buy a Flat or Villa in Kerala
- www.PapaFit.com : How to keep fit in our old age
- www.PhonePPi.com : Basics of Smart Mobile Phones
- www.PhotoofJesus.Com : Real photo of Jesus from a miracle image on his burial cloth
- www.SeeBigTV.com : Why Projectors are better than big TVs
- www.WhatTVs.com : Guide to buy a new TV
- www.WhyShares.com : Why sould we invest in Stocks or Shares