Mixers and food processors are an essential device for all modern kitchens. They are useful in mixing ingredients for baking, for slicing vegetables, or dough mixing, etc. There are different types of kitchen mixers to do specialized jobs. Some of the most common kitchen mixers and their uses are described below.
The images here shows the most popular Kitchen Mixers of today. In the picture here, 1 and 3 are Blenders known as Mixer Grinders or Mixies in India, with rotating blades fixed inside the bottom of a jar. They are mainly used to blend or grind food ingredients like fruits to a smooth paste or to make milk shakes, etc.
The item 2 in the pictures above, is a specialised slicer which will make slicing of a load of onions an easy task without the tears. This machine is also very useful in mixing dough for chapati or other breads.
item 4 in the above picture is a combo blender cum slicer cum dough mixer.
Item 6 in the image above is also a type of blender, but is hand held with the rotating blades at the bottom. These bottom blade hand held blenders are useful for quick blending jobs like beating eggs for an omelet.
In the images above, item 5 is a Stand Mixer. Stand mixers are most useful in combining ingredients in a cake mix before baking. The best know Stand Mixers are made by the American Company KitchenAid. For more about the stand mixers from KitchenAid visit our page KitchenAid Food Processor page
History of Kitchen Mixers
The invention of the small electric motor with less than 1 Horse Power (746 Watts) power output in the early 1900’s led to the rapid development of small domestic appliances like blenders, mixer grinders or mixies, vacuum cleaners, etc. The first electric blender was invented 1922 for making Milk Shakes by Mr. Stephen J. Poplawski, a Polish American. A blender is an appliance which has fast rotating blades either fixed at the bottom of the jar or has blades at the end of a portable hand held device.
Kitchen Mixers for Indian Cooking
Indian cooking requires many pastes like ginger garlic paste, chutneys, idli dosa batter and so on. The first blender suited for Indian cooking and made entirely in India was the Sumeet. We Indians called it a ‘Mixer Grinder’ rather than a ‘blender’, and we even coined a special name for it ‘The Mixie’. This site ‘iMixie.Com’ is dedicated to the Indian Mixie, and it is all about the great Indian Mixie, which without doubt is the best in the world, and all of us, Indians can be proud of it.
Best way to buy Indian Mixer Grinder in India, Australia, Canada, UK or USA
Please find below links to the Amazon online store in your country. Amazon is usually your best place to buy Indian Mixer Grinders because not only are they very competitively priced but you also have the assurance of service, and in the worst case, even return for a refund in case you are not satisfied.
Buy online Indian Mixer Grinders and Wet Grinders
All posts and pages in our website iMixie.com
Best Indian Mixer Grinder Brands
- Bajaj Mixer Grinder Juicer
- Butterfly Mixer Grinder Blender
- Havells Mixer Grinder Blender
- Kent Mixer Grinder Blender
- KitchenAid Artisan Mixer, Most useful Mixer in India
- Magic Bullet, Nutribullet Smoothie Blenders
- Panasonic Mixer Grinder Juicer
- Philips Mixer Grinder Blender
- Preethi Mixer Grinder Blender
- Premier Mixer Grinder Mixie
- Prestige Mixer Grinder Blender
- Sujata Indian Mixer Grinder Juicer
- Sumeet Mixer Grinder Blender
- Multi-mixers: Preethi Zodiac|Titanium
- Ultra Mixer Grinder 1000W
Mixer Grinder Tips
Best Indian Wet Grinders
- Butterfly wet grinder models
- Preethi wet grinder models
- Premier wet grinder models
- Prestige wet grinder models
- Ultra wet grinder models
- Australia Best Wet Grinders
- Canada Best Wet Grinders
- UK Best Wet Grinders
Mixer Grinder best for India or USA
- Best mixer grinders in India
- Indian Mixer Grinder Mixie for USA
- Best 110V Indian mixer grinders in USA
- Best Indian Juicer Mixer Grinders
- Best Indian table top Wet Grinders
- Best 110V Indian wet grinders for USA
- How to choose a Wet Grinder